For three to five decades the left has been hammering the right on racism and sexism. And for the great majority it is clear that this programme of theirs have been successful. After all, if it wasn’t successful then we wouldn’t be seeing the goal posts shift so violently in the last decade adding numerous other “isms” as well as adding such thought crimes like “micro-aggression”. Clearly, if macro-aggression was a thing that was a big issue micro- wouldn’t be discussed. However, unnoticed certainly by the left, the left has become as bigoted as the right ever was. It’s just that the left isn’t bigoted and horrifically biased against a particular race or gender. Their target of hatred is the GOP and conservative Christianity. Don’t believe me. Take the following thought experiment.
- Scan the headlines today, tomorrow, or over the past week. Look at a dozen articles (can’t find one? here’s a humdinger … note absolutely no evidence is given for the outrageous claim) making over the top claims against Trump or the right. (How about the person who claimed Mrs Trump was a prostitute? as another example)
- Now .. replace Mr Trump with Mr Obama and modify the insult to match (with as much basis in fact) and pretend a conservative said that new statement.
- Is your immediate reaction that the speaker must be racist?
- Guess what. You’d be right.
- And if you found yourself not being outraged by the original article or perhaps agreeing with it.
- Then guess what? You are just big a bigot as the mythical conservative (who you might note, most of whom never ever said things that outrageous about Mr Obama)
Midnight terror raids have been replaced by beatings and violence at rallies, burning and rioting at speeches, and paid thugs disrupting political rallies (a side note, while the Dem right now have been quick to equate our President with Hitler … paid thugs to disrupt rallies, beatings at rallies, riots to disrupt and so on … where the tactics used by actual, not pretend Nazi party members). This is however just a symptom of the bigotry noted above.
Question then is, how best to show to liberals their own growing bigotry? Here’s one small suggestion. Many times you’ll hear statements made by liberals to the effect “Conservatives say/believe/think XYZ” and the XYZ statement is one that you as a conservative is ridiculous (for example, conservatives want the poor to have no access to healthcare). You might try pointing out that you’ve heard that if one would say,
I’ve heard that if one was to say ‘Black women just have babies without marrying their husbands for the welfare checks’ that the liberal response to this is that that this statement is both untrue and racist. Many have those children for a variety of reasons, they have numerous different ways of approaching the opposite sex in their communities and making derogatory generalizations like that is racist.
And you know what, you’d be right. Statements like that are evidence of bigotry. So … why do you think it OK to generalize about conservatives in the same manner? Why do you pretend that it isn’t just as an egregiously bigoted statement that you just made?