- So. A bad year for Malaysian airlines, a flight from Kuala Lampur to Amsterdam (I believe) was shot down over the Ukraine. True to form the talking heads say stupid things, here and here. “May be a tragedy” Hmm. What more do you need to know to figure out that this was not a tragedy but a horrible act of terror. And “Hell to pay”? What?! You’re going to do what!? I’ll make my prediction on the outcome of this. The conventional wisdom or generally accepted wisdom of what actually happened will be a lie. Decades down the road when the truth comes out, it won’t be the story that you hear a month or two from now.
- Here is some reaction from the East.
- How Obamacare bends the cost curve. They didn’t promise which direction it would bend, eh?
- Not what you want to see.
- Probably not a site to warm the cockles of the hearts of the pro-abortion crowd. (with that in mind … )
- A suggestion for a best piece. I’d go with Shostokovich’s 10th.
- From the crowd that misunderstands the Constitution and Bill of Rights. When it doesn’t make a difference a thing should be allowed, not restricted. Hint: Where gun laws are relaxed it leads to no perceptible increase in gun violence. Duh.
- The UN and legal responsibility.
- Imaging the earth’s interior.