Still on evening posting schedule, probably for the next two weeks.
- Some back history on high speed rail and its US development (or lack thereof).
- Light rock making news.
- Puppies can be cute …. and dogs again for your back to school crowd (my kids start tomorrow).
- Three notes on Mr Ryan … which for me the most interesting point was the remark about weak (perception or reality) that Congress has gotten. Seems to me the John Adams prediction of executive becoming royalty/tyrant (or the Roman weak-Congress allowing the start of the Empire). For those who worry about “climate change” this climate is one that will kill us first.
- And a comparison of Ryan and Obama, and their early life.
- The weather service bucks up for … what?
- Mr Lincoln.
- Ah, but there is the immediate and logical reply, “if you say that … you’re a bigot.” And you’d be right. Bigotry in its essence is condemning a group en masse where you should be judging people as individual. When you make the statement linked, you are condemning a group in exactly that way.
- Search or not?