- An analogy, think of supermarkets run like schools. Sounds horrible, yes? OK. So why is schooling any different, eh?
- An odd shaped microscope, with an interesting take on lens. Kinda fly-eye like.
- So. They say Mr Obama is smart. …. So how does a smart man suggest something like this? Hmm?
- Somebody else doesn’t think torture “works.” Riddle me this, batman. In WWII and the Philippines (Marcos regime) when a person in one resistance cell was captured and was going to be tortured. Why did the rest of the cell all have to move, get to new location/cover, and basically run like hell? Hmmm? If torture didn’t work … then nothing useful would come of it and you could just stay where you were.
- Portal and the DIY crowd.
- Here are some “hopey/changey” suggestions for the CIA and Petraeus.
- Real dogs of war.
- Being a journalist in Belorus.
- More liberal rhetoric and the deflation of the violence “mainly” on the right meme.
- A book suggested.
- A pessimistic view of Pakistani affairs, read the last link there (3 conjectures) too.
Well, I survived the week (from a cycling perspective). I’d really backslid for some time now (4-6 months) as far as riding. I was down to about 1-2 hours a week (yikes) + an hour in the gym doing weights. This week, not including the weekend, I’ve done an hour in the gym + 4 on the bike … and hope to get two more in. It’s a start.