- Thirty Years that Shook Physics: The Story of Quantum Theory … decided my major.
- Personal Knowledge … more recently set the stage for my thinking on philosophy of science.
- Chuang Tzu: Basic Writings locked in my falling away from the church.
- Chesterton’s Orthodoxy brought me back.
- Lossky’s The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church, Evagrius Ad Monachos, St. John Cassian’s Conferences, and Metropolitian John Zizioulas’ Communion and Otherness sent me packing smartly across the Bosphorus.
- Solzhenitsyn’s addresses (The Solzhenitsyn Reader) and Jouvenel’s political trilogy (On Power, Sovereignty, and Pure theory of Politics) form the basis of and anchor my political thinking.
- Huxley’s Brave New World and Hayek’s The Road to Serfdom describe the modern world.
- Chantal Delsol’s The Unlearned Lessons Of the Twentieth Century: An Essay On Late Modernity is very very good as well.