Good morning, post nighttime thunderstorm in which some car windows of our were left ajar … oops.
- A speech recalled.
- Memorial ways, a little history.
- Of two wars.
- Of poppies.
- Another speech of note.
non-Memorial day links.
- Zizek on pattern of thought in cultures.
- Not impressed with the Evangelical manifesto.
- “If you aren’t for Obama then you’re a racist.” A theme I’m guessing will repeat somewhat tirelessly until November. The actual truth is somewhat stickier, if you’re for or against Obama on account of race then you’re a racist, would be my take.
- A thing that went bump in the night.
- Not really very sorry.
- A death of a beloved one.
- Hebrew theology … is anti-Semitic?
- A prayer.
- How to miss the point, or more technically, to facilely present a logically flawed argument. Mr Schraub in arguing that lowered aggregate standards do not result in lowered aggregate performance by pointing that lowered standards for a small subset of a group does not result in the expectation of lowered standards for the entire group, which is not the same thing. This of course ignores the fact that lowering aggregate standards generically does in fact lower aggregate performance.
- The dwarf song and going off to work.