- Jason Kuznicki at Positive Liberty replies to a post of mine. While, I’ll try to prepare a more substantive reply, I’m wondering if Mr Kuznicki’s assertion that religion, while often holding us together, was often at he heart of disputes. In reading The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can Be Done About It, by Paul Collier it was noted by Mr Collier that ethnic and class (wealth) divisions are not statistically correlated with civil war. I’m willing to guess that religion also falls into that category. That is, roughly speaking, while ethnic, class, and religion are often the banner proclaimed in the cause for war … they are not the real cause … statistically speaking.
- Let’s also hope this isn’t prophetic.
- A Bible for the progressive (and perhaps the Dawkin’s crowd). 😀
- Loose canons in the East. Canon mentioned here as well.
- Dangerous Beauty.
- Fitness notes.
- The Hatemongers with a few unkind words for all
youus sexist bastards.
- Tomorrow night I’m going to the symphony. My brother’s orchestra is in lockout. Matt Anderson notes the death of high culture.
- Demons Dreaming of Descartes.
- Green Honda.